Deregistration Alert for a duration of 30 minutes, per day.
- The device de-registers at 10:45 am.
- The device does not register again until 12:30 pm.
- Per the user's specification, an alert would be generated at 11:15 AM.
- Alerts are analyzed at the beginning of each hour, therefore an alert email is sent to the user at 12 PM.
- The alert creation time in the notification, however, is set to the user specified trigger time, 11:15 AM.
SwitchHopping alert for 5 occurrences, per day.
- The device's OPC determines the switch the device is currently registered on. If a device's registration event has an OPC value different from the value of its last registration event, the device has registered on a different switch and this will be counted as 1 "hop."
- The device's hop count is incremented even if it registers back on a switch that it had registered on before the previous event, within the same time period. If the hop count exceeds 5 occurrences in the same day, an alert is generated for this device.
- The hop count is reset at the top of the next time period whether the alert is generated or not.
- The first registration event occurring after a time period boundary starts will not cause the hop count to be incremented even if the last switch was different in the previous time window boundary.