Aeris bills for services in arrears on a calendar month basis. The documents related to billing, including your invoice, are available for download from AerPort within the first week of the following month. The full suite of billing documents provides layers of detail supporting the charges included in your invoice. These documents include: invoice, invoice detail report, account summary, and detail traffic reports.
This article is organized into the following sections:
Depending on the Devices that a Customer deploys for their Application, they will receive multiple documents at the end of each billing period. The number and type of documents depends on the Devices and the specific Aeris Network Services that are used. The documents received may include some or all of the following:
- A Customer invoice summarizing the charges incurred for the billing period.
- A summary report that lists the Device attributes, status, and traffic totals for all Customer Devices, independent of GSM or CDMA technology.
- A messaging detail report for all CDMA Devices that details all SMS- DirectTM traffic sent during the billing period.
- A messaging detail report for all GSM Devices that details all the SMS traffic sent during the billing period.
- A data packet session detail report for all CDMA Devices that details the packet data session traffic sent during the billing period.
- A data packet session detail report for all GSM Devices that details the packet data session traffic sent during the billing period.
The Customer invoice is delivered as an Adobe® Portable Document Format (“PDF”) file, sent via e-mail to the main e-mail account of the Customer.
The other reports are ASCII text files with Comma/quotation Separated Values (“CSV”) content. Using CSV content enables the Customer to open the reports in a variety of ways—in text editors, data-processing programs, or, most commonly, in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft® Excel®, or in an Oracle® or MySQL® or other database.
These files are also available on the AerPort portal—for the current month and two prior months.
How to Read Invoices
Your invoice summarizes the quantities and charges for each type of service used by your devices each month. The services are broken down by the product type and the services and fees within each product type. The actual line items shown on your invoice will depend on the services to which you are subscribed and will appear for only those that have non-zero quantities.
Billing invoices from Aeris are delivered electronically (via e-mail) to the default billing contact in PDF format for quick and easy reading and printing. The invoices are simple to read and provide a summary of charges for the billing period.
Important: All times and periods are specified in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
The Aeris billing period starts at 00:00:00Z (in UTC) on the first day of the month, and ends at 23:59:59.999Z (in UTC) on the last day of the month. For information on Date and Time formats, please see Aeris Standard Date and Time Format Specification.
A sample invoice is shown below: