The Network Utilization dashboard enables you to see cellular network activity from your account devices in near real-time. The dashboard’s default view for the report is a table. You can switch the dashboard to a chart-view, which displays the report as an interactive line-chart graphic, to better visualize the information.
Both report views include a status bar at the top of the dashboard that displays the following network utilization information for the selected time period:
- Total data usage
- Total SMS usage
- Total voice usage
The following sections provide background information and describe how to use this report.
- Navigating the Network Utilization Dashboard
- Working with the Network Utilization Listing Table
- Working with the Chart View
To locate this report, please refer to Business Performance Analytic Reports.
Navigating the Last Network Activity Dashboard
The Network Utilization dashboard displays real-time reports of network utilization for each of the devices in your network.
The following are the main components of the Network Utilization report screen:
- Product: Filters the reported information to reflect the product you select.
- Time Period: Limits the reported information to the specified date range.
- List: Presents the network utilization report in a list-view.
- Chart: Presents the network utilization report in a chart-view.
- Status Bar: Displays the following information for the selected timeframe:
- Data usage: Total amount of data used.
- SMS count: Total number of messages sent and received.
- Voice calls: Total number of minutes spent on calls.
- Export: Allows you to export the report as a
You can define the range of information displayed on your dashboard by adjusting the filters at the top of the screen. Follow the steps below to filter your results.
- Click the drop-down menu corresponding to the filter you want to implement
(Product or Time Period).
- Select options from each drop-down menu according to your needs.
Note: The report screen updates in real-time based on the items you select/deselect from each menu.
Working with the Network Utilization Listing Table
The Last Network Activity dashboard displays the following information by default:
The Network Utilization table automatically displays the following column headers:
- Product: Type of device.
- EID: Identification number of the device.
- ICCID: Identification number of the SIM.
- IMSI: Identification number of the device user.
- Data: Combination of input and output data from the SIM card.
- Session Count: Number of times a data session has been started and ended.
- SMS: Total count of short messages sent and received by the device.
- Voice: Number of minutes spent on voice calls.
In the following screenshot, you can see a typical Network Utilization dashboard with a configured timeframe. The image includes a red box with the following items:
- First item: Amount of data used by the specified device within the selected time period.
- Second item: Number of data sessions per device within the selected time frame. Session Count is important because each session is rounded up to at least one KB, which contributes to the total recorded Data usage.
- Third item: Number of SMS messages that were sent and received by each device within the selected time frame. The account in this example does not use SMS, which is why the list does not show any SMS instances.
- Fourth item: Number of minutes spent on voice calls for each device within the selected time frame.
You can change the columns that appear in the report table by following these steps:
- Click the settings symbol on the far right of the table.
- Select/deselect options from the dropdown menu to add or remove columns from the report table.
The device list displays ten devices on each page by default. You can change the number of displayed devices by following these steps:
- Click Show at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your desired number of results per page to adjust the pagination.
Exporting the Report
Click the Export option to download the report screen information as a
.csv file in a spreadsheet app. Long numbers like device IDs
may default to a format similar to scientific notation in Microsoft Excel. Follow the
steps below to view the full ID numbers:
- Select the range of cells you want to view.
- Right-click the selected range.
- Click Format > Number format.
You can also open a
.csv file by importing it through the Microsoft
Excel Data menu. Follow these steps to import your report file to Microsoft Excel:
- Open Microsoft Excel and create a blank workbook.
- Select Data > From Text or From Text/CSV.
- Locate the
.csvfile in your Downloads or other designated folder.
- Right-click the file and select Import.
- Follow the subsequent prompts to specify a comma-delimited file.
- If you see an option for Data Type Detection, select Do not detect data types.
Working with the Chart View
Click the Chart option in the upper right corner of the dashboard to view the Network Utilization report chart.
In the upper left corner of the chart view, you can see a legend that identifies the following color/data pairings.
- Data (Blue)
- SMS (Green)
- Voice (Yellow)
The chart automatically displays all three types of data usage. Select the Data, SMS, or Voice optionto view only information related to that type of data.
You can hover your mouse over any line in the chart to view network utilization information from the day you select. In the default chart, you can see information on all three types of data. If you filter the chart by selecting Data, SMS, or Voice, you can only see information about the selected data type.