The Network Utilization page enables you to view cellular network activity from devices in your account in near real-time.
In this article:
The Network Utilization page is available in the Aerport Portal under the Analytics menu. The Network Utilization page includes a table that outlines network usage for each device in your account. To view the report as an interactive line chart instead of a table, click Chart in the top-right corner of the screen.
Both report views include a status bar at the top of the dashboard that displays the following network utilization information:
- Data usage: Total amount of used data.
- SMS count: Number of sent and received SMS messages.
- Voice calls: Number of minutes spent on voice calls.
Note: Information in the status bar changes according to the filters you select.
Navigating the Last Network Activity Dashboard
The Network Utilization dashboard displays near real-time reports of network utilization for each of the devices in your network.
The following components comprise the Network Utilization screen:
- Product: Filters the reported information to reflect the product you select.
- Time Period: Limits the reported information to the specified date range.
- List: Displays the Network Utilization report in a list view.
- Chart: Displays the Network Utilization report in a chart view.
- Status Bar: Displays the following information for the selected Time
- Data usage: Total amount of data used.
- SMS count: Total number of messages sent and received.
- Voice calls: Total number of minutes spent on calls.
- Export: Enables you to export the report as a
You can define the range of information displayed on your dashboard by adjusting the filters at the top of the screen. To apply filters to the Network Utilization table:
- Click the drop-down menu corresponding to the filter you want to implement
(Product or Time Period).
- Select options from each drop-down menu according to your needs.
Note: The report screen updates in real-time based on the items you select/deselect from each menu.
To view more information about any device listed in the Network Utilization table, click the View Details link at the end of the device row. This link opens a SIM Information window with additional details about the device. To learn more, see the SIM Information page.
Working with the Network Utilization Screen
Use the following information to work with the Last Network Activity screen:
The Network Utilization table automatically displays the following column headers:
- Product: Type of device.
- EID: Identification number of the device.
- ICCID: Identification number of the SIM.
- MSISDN: Subscription number of the device.
- Data: Combination of input and output data from the SIM card.
- Session Count: Number of times a data session has been started and ended. Sessions are rounded up to the nearest KB, which contributes to the total recorded Data usage.
- SMS: Total count of short messages sent and received by the device.
- Voice: Number of minutes spent on voice calls.
In the following screenshot, you can see a typical Network Utilization table with a configured timeframe. The image includes a red box with sample network utilization information from the following columns:
- Session Count
To change the columns that appear in the report table:
- Click the settings wheel on the far right of the table.
- Select/deselect options from the drop-down menu to add or remove columns from the
The Network Utilization table displays ten devices on each page by default. To change the number of displayed devices:
- Click Show at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your desired number of results per page.
Exporting the Report
Click the Export option to download the report screen information as a
.csv file in a spreadsheet app. Long numbers like device IDs
may default to a format similar to scientific notation in Microsoft Excel. Follow the
steps below to view the full ID numbers:
- Select the range of cells you want to view.
- Right-click the selected range.
- Click Format > Number format.
You can also open a
.csv file by importing it through the Microsoft
Excel Data menu. Follow these steps to import your report file to Microsoft Excel:
- Open Microsoft Excel and create a blank workbook.
- Select Data > From Text or From Text/CSV.
- Locate the
.csvfile in your Downloads or other designated folder.
- Right-click the file and select Import.
- Follow the subsequent prompts to specify a comma-delimited file.
- If you see an option for Data Type Detection, select Do not detect data types.
Working with the Chart View
Click the Chart option in the upper right corner of the dashboard to view the Network Utilization chart.
In the upper left corner of the chart view, you can see a legend that identifies the following color/data pairings.
- Data (Blue)
- SMS (Green)
- Voice (Yellow)
The chart automatically displays all three types of data usage. Select the Data, SMS, or Voice option at the top-right of the chart to view only information related to that type of data.
You can hover your mouse over any line in the chart to view network utilization information from the day you select.